Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What a few days!

What a day...or a few days rather. The in laws came up on Saturday. I love when they come to visit! His family has taken me as their own and I love them for it. Jared went to work while we went to Mount Scott. I had only been to Mount Scott once before. With my grandparents and Robbie. So being there was slightly painful just because of the memories. I do remember being terrified on the drive up, as I was this time. Its so scary to look over the edge...in a car. Jacob and Jack, Jared's little brothers loved it. It was adorable. Peyton had just been rudely awakened from her nap and did not understand what the fuss was about. Her Papa carried her all over the mountain and she enjoyed it. We went to the Holy City, which is beautiful. I definitely have to read that part of the Bible and go back someday and hopefully it will make more sense. This time it was just pretty. And the wooden crosses are always moving to me. I definitely want to see the passion play here someday. I bet it is spectacular.

Sunday we went to the church that Jared and I attended Easter Sunday. I normally dislike this kind of church because it is so old fashioned and hard for me to understand sometimes, but after having conversation with Jared about churches I understand and respect this church. This particular Sunday the sermon reinforced Jared's side of the arguments we have had about things in the Bible. Turns out he was right. I asked for God to give me drive to want to read the Bible as I have trouble finding meaning in it, especially the beginning chapters. But I realized I can't share those stories with Peyton if I never read them.

Today I called Momma Laura and she is in Nebraska with all my brothers, except for Brandon. Shane might get to play football for them! I am so proud of those kids. I mean we come from some really messed up stuff in our childhood and to see us all make something of ourselves amazes me. And for Momma to be out and doing great and spending time with her boys. I love it and I am so happy for her. Although a little jealous. I would give anything to be there! But they are making plans to come down here and I can not wait! I love them! And for Jared and Peyton to meet them all. I would love it!

Tonight Jason and Jessica came down to visit. Jessica is pregnant so we talked all day and traded battle stories haha. And they asked us to be the baby's godparents. So sweet!She said we treat them like siblings so she knows we would treat the baby as our own! I love it!

And at the end of my day I got some kind words from someone unexpected. Really touched my heart and made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment