Thursday, June 2, 2011

How I met your daddy.

Let's get one thing clear. I am not proud of this story. This is not the kind of story I hoped to one day tell my children. This is not how I planned to meet the love of my life. Maybe that's what I get for thinking I get to plan these sorts of things.

It was my 3rd ladies night...of the week. I just couldn't be in that house. I was tired of being alone and sitting right next to him. Ladies night was never as exciting as it I'm sure it sounded. Most nights it was me and Leslie sitting at a table at Zeke's drinking laughing talking having a good time. Occasionally after having a few I would sing karaoke or drag Leslie up to the dance floor to do a ridiculous line dance called the Cupid shuffle! We never really talked to anyone because well most guys in a bar are creepy.

Enter really cute boy who happened yo be sitting right behind me. Something in his voice instantly made me feel at ease. We joined them at their table. We had an amazing conversation and I told him I had a boyfriend so that if he was there to pick up girls he wouldn't waste his night on me. We continued our really easy flowing conversation. We had instant undeniable chemistry.

After leaving that night, he was all I could think about. I talked to him via MySpace a few times. We all met at the same bar a couple of weeks later. I told him I kind of knew I had to be with him. It was time to end my 4 year relationship. Leslie and I went to his house with him just to hang out more. He was locked out so he had to break in through the window. If anything makes you maybe question the guy you've been talking to breaking into a house through a window will do it. He even injured his forehead in an altercation with the mini blinds on his way in. We talked for a long while and still had the same spark. I am a very unsociable person generally. It is very hard for me to carry on even a simple hello hows the weather conversation. I simply dislike talking to most people its akward and uncomfortable for me. But somehow with him the conversation never felt forced. It was indescribable but the way I knew it was supposed to be.

As we said our goodbyes in his driveway, he leaned in and kissed me. And I didn't stop him. On the drive home I had a horrible feeling in my stomach. I definitely had to leave him, and now. I just kissed another boy. I was not this girl. I didn't do things like this. After barely sleeping all night and a tedious day at work. I came home and stopped him from kissing me and ended it. I couldn't kiss him after kissing someone else. He cried, I had done my 4 years of crying over him. I was already over it. It felt like a huge weight lifted off of me.

I should have spent the night staying in at my best friends house I had just moved into. But I didn't. We met him and his friends at a bar. I had to see him. Especially now that I could tell him how I really felt. And I did. And he did too, all of it. We were both already falling and neither of us could stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment